The Quality Assurance Framework is at the heart of Devon Children and Families Partnership efforts to safeguard children in Devon.
This Quality Assurance Framework (QAF) starts from a number of key principles:
• That safeguarding is never perfect and constant scrutiny is required to ensure there is continuous improvement evident across the system
• That the most effective quality assurance comes from the nature and detail of the organisational and partnership culture and leadership
• The QAF needs to offer reassurance that all parts of the system are working effectively both individually and collectively to safeguard children.
• Measures of outcomes for children are clearly the most important ones to assess but measuring the effectiveness of the system also requires a focus on both inputs and outputs as well as outcomes.
• The QAF has to provide learning back into the system – its core purpose is to improve service provision not simply describe or criticise it