Some children and young people have special educational needs or disabilities (SEND). This can present significant challenges to you as a parent carer. If your child has special educational needs or a disability, speak to the professionals already working with your family, such as your health visitor, child’s teacher or GP. They can help you to get the support you may need.

What support is available?

Devon’s SEND Local Offer website gives you information about the education, health and social care services and support for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) from birth to 25. This is a comprehensive source of information about the support and facilities you can expect to find in and around your area. From support available in the Early Years to Preparing for Adulthood, the information has been developed and organised with the help of parent carers. You can also find out about opportunities to influence and develop the way local services are provided.

If you need help, Devon Information Advice and Support Service (DIAS) provides impartial and confidential information, advice and support, for parents, carers and young people, around all aspects of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) for education, health and care.

Devon information advice and support service

 Read more about DIAS here or visit SEND Local Offer Website.